Joe BethelAuthor | Editor
I’m Joe Bethel, the founder and main creator of lawn turf grass guides. I’m a lawn turf grass enthusiast who grew up in Bend, Oregon but is well-travelled worldwide.
My lawn care and maintenance journey started in childhood as I observed my parent hard work to establish and maintain a green lawn in our home. I saw them use trial and error until they established a beautiful lawn in our backyard. I would help my parents water, fertilize, and weed control as I enjoyed our lawn.
I’m a trained agriculture and geography teacher with an advanced environmental science degree specializing in planning, monitoring, and evaluation. I established this website to share my knowledge, experience, and hard-passed skills for lawn tools, care, and maintenance with my parents.
Fun Facts About Me
- I love traveling, relaxing outside the US, especially during winters, and enjoying the sun in the tropics, mostly Africa.
- I’m an EV car enthusiast, my favorites being LUCID and FISKER.
- I love landscaping and, especially establishing kitchen gardens.
- My first lawn was St. Augustine grass.
- A good day starts with a cup of coffee.
Chris WheelerAuthor | Editor
Hi there! I’m Chris Wheeler, a co-author based in Denver, USA, passionate about lawn care, maintenance, DIY projects installations, and maintenance.
With my degree training in agriculture and years of experience in these areas, I’m confident that through Lawnmodel’s website, I can offer you some valuable insights and tips.
I developed a passion for lawns as I assisted my parents in watering, fertilizing, and weed control during my holidays from school. I envied when I would get home to enjoy our lawn.
My parent’s neighbors kept admiring our lawn, and I started taking lawns and caring for them for a small fee. Later after school, I decided to establish a business on the hard passed and learned lessons for lawn care.
Fun Facts About Me
- I Love traveling around the world for nature trails,
- I love taking EV (electric vehicle) road trips.
- I take karting and skydiving for the adrenaline rush.
- Landscaping and gardening.
- Movies, the favorites being animation.
What You’ll Find on Lawn Model
Here’s what you will find on my blog:
- Lawn grass guides: In these guides, it covers the important information you need to care for different types of turf grass, including fertilizer, soil, light, mowing, and water requirements. The guides also cover the tools needed for planting, mowing, fertilizing, and general care and maintenance of lawns.
- Lawn troubleshooting guides: These guides will help you identify turf grass problems and solve them with confidence. This guide includes pests, diseases, and other human and climatic factors affecting lawns.
- Tips on care and maintaining lush lawns: You will find great tips for growing grass, care, and maintenance for lawns of different turfgrasses, including St. Augustine Grass, Bermuda Grass, Zoysia, Kentucky Bluegrass, Tall Fescue, Bahiagrass, and all other turfgrasses. The focus is to help you select the right location, prepare the soil, and choose the right type of grass to grow in your lawns.
- Tools: The tool guides will help you choose the right tools for your lawns by pairing the best/right turfs for the appropriate area. By following these guides, you can maximize the health and appearance of your lawn for maximum benefits and ecological benefits.
Getting Around Lawn Model Website
Lawnmodel has plenty of posts on turf grasses, lawn care, and lawn tools.
Feel free to browse the categories below for inspiration.
- Bahia grass
- Bermuda Grass
- Buffalo Grass
- Centipede Grass
- St. Augustine Grass
- Kikuyu grass
- Lawn Care
- Lawn Pests
If you are looking to contact me, use my contact page. You may also ask questions and share your suggestions by commenting on the specific article you’re reading on the website.
You can contact me through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s Connet on our Facebook Page for more interaction and sharing of ideas. You can follow us on other social media platforms.